Thursday, December 27, 2007

Changes in 2008






Main Entry: 1Change Pronunciation: \ˈchānj\
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): changed; chang·ing
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French changer, from Latin cambiare to exchange, probably of Celtic origin; akin to Old Irish camm crooked
Date: 13th century
transitive verb 1 a: to make different in some particular :
alter b: to make radically different : transform to give a different position, course, or direction to2 a: to replace with another b: to make a shift from one to another : switch

*********************************************************

What is it about change that is hard to accept? Even though it's a good thing...it's seems hard to adjust. Creatures of habit I guess.
Starting in 2008, there will be a few changes...One being our Church move. We should be moving sometime around mid-summer. This will be a lot further drive for us...only has been 5 minutes for the past 46 years (that's a change I don't like). After the move it will be at least 15-20 minutes. This has been in the making for many years now and is finally going to happen. It will be strange to be in a new building after 46 years, basically not even in Wheaton. But everything will be nice and new. More room for classes, more room to move around after church lets out. The main sanctuary will fit around 2000. (http://www.wheatonbible.org/)
Also in 2008 we will turn in our SUV and will try to survive with one car for a while. I think we will be able to swing it for a short while...especially since it's the summer. We plan on saving some money with only having one car. Less gas, less insurance and only one car payment. Because of two adoptions happening at the same time...it's really killing us financially. But there are some things that just can't wait...and our little girls are anxious to come home. "WHEN is the Big Question? If and when this happens there will be BIG, BIG changes for all of us. (wish I didn't have to keep saying "IF"). I guess everything is a BIG "IF" until it happens with International Adoptions.
Also happening will be the big move to our new building for FTP. We will be minutes from home then. That will be a good thing when our kiddos come along.
At this time I'm not sure what other changes will take place...A little girl from Kyrgyzstan for Christmas would be super! And maybe a referral from China. Keep tuned and find out.
One more change in 2008 right now will be I will be.... transfering into another dept. here at First Trust. I have been in Capital Markets (Municipal bond trading) since Oct 2006...and was told this would only be for three months. Hummm...it's now 15 months later. Well the software program is finally up and running so I have been asked to help in their Legal Counsel. Yeah! It's amazing how many areas I've worked in since joining this company in 2004. I think I've counted 7. Anyway, it will be a good way to start the new year. I've been sort of wondering where I'd be after this job came to an end. God does answer prayer. Back in the summer I think they had advertised for the position and I was thinking that would be a good place for me after leaving Capital Markets. I guess someone was thinking the same since they never hired any one.
So see what I mean...many changes in 2008. So what else will 2008 bring?...your guess is as good as mine right now. Happy New Year!

No comments: