Monday, May 19, 2008

A little of This and That

It's been a little nuts lately. There really hasn't been much to write about. Last weekend was really busy with Mother's Day and friends and relatives in town. So it was nice to not really have much going on this weekend. We ran out to the outlet mall again. But this time came home with nothing. We saw a few things that we might go back for in a few weeks.

We wanted to plant flowers but just didn't get to it. We'll look this week for some. The Memorial Weekend looks pretty good. Yippeeee. It's about time! Maybe we'll even get to the pool. Monday is supposed to be around 82. Seeing is believing. But it has to be sunny. We even turned the heat on this morning. It's almost June...

I attended the Asian Bridge silent auction on Saturday night. http://www.theasianbridge.org/ This was the second one and seemed to have more people there this year. It was fun to see some that I had met last year. They hope to raise enough for 4 grants this year for adoptive parents. They match what the person raises. For me though...I just can't do a fund raiser for adoption. It's just sort of strange to tell people to give you money so you can adopt a child. There are some people though that can.

There were some good things to bid on. Still waiting to hear if I got anything. I think I bidded on 4 items. I left right before the big auction which I couldn't afford anyway. It was raining some so I wanted to get home to the kids. It was past their dinner time.

We did get the I-171 from the USCIS people on Saturday. Yeah Hey. They had said two weeks. So we weren't looking for it yet. Martha also got finger printed at our local police station. I think this is the 6th or 7th time in the past two years we've been finger printed. We're all finger printed out that's for sure. We will have to renew our prints again for China in November I think. But will probably wait until Feb 2009 when the I-171 expires again.

So as you can see...not really much going on right now. A few of the families have gone to get their girls...one in China and another one left on Friday for her little girl in Kyrgyzstan. It's just so hard to imagine that with us. When are we going to hold our little girls. This is just so hard. Every day seems harder and harder. Nothing seems real...We picked out some more paint colors for the room. So we have a lot to choose from. Maybe when the room starts taking shape it will seem little more real...it has to. Nothing seems like it will change. I read today that the certain orphanages are expecting 40-50 children from the earth quake. Not sure if they are considered abandoned or what. Of course so many lost their only children.