Tuesday, June 10, 2008

God's Timing is Perfect! Right?

Today referrals came out and they only got through the 20th of January and no referrals for our agency...was really hoping they'd get through the 22nd of January. Seeing this is just so hard. January referrals have now taken 5 months and they aren't even done with this month yet. This is where faith comes in...the only thing to hold on to. Because it's just so easy to give up. God does care about what's going on even if it is a new condo, or an adoption, etc. I have to think that when we got our condo his timing was perfect. We weren't really even thinking about it...and there it was for us. Everything we wanted in a bigger place. Soon after we moved out of our apt complex it went condo. Therefore, we would of had to have moved or brought anyway. Of course his timing and our timing aren't always the same. This is probably the hardest for a lot of people.

But if he's in control, we shouldn't have to worry about it. But that can be easier said than done. Just like most everyone else...money for IA is a big deal. I keep thinking, where will the money come from? Doing two adoptions at once is very expensive to say the least. So this is another thing to have faith on. Where does one come up with $40,000+? At this point I have no clue. But of course God knows. :)

Confident assurance: What is faith? It is the confident assurance that what we hope for is going to happen. It is the evidence of things we cannot see. God gave his approval to people in days of old because of their faith. Hebrews 11:1-2 NLT

Certain of what I could not see! I led my husband from one room of the condominium to the next.…"It's perfect for us. Let's make an offer." That evening Charles pored over the numbers, making sure we could afford it. "I think we can swing it," he said. I tingled at the thought of moving into our very own home. When the owners accepted our offer, I whooped with joy. "Thank you, Lord." …"We don't have the money now," Charles said soberly. "You're right," I said. "We don't have the money. But God does. I'm going to ask him for it." The sum of $10,000 came to mind. Each morning I prayed in faith, "Lord, thank you for the $10,000 now hidden, to be revealed according to your will." Was I treating God like a vending machine? Pop in a prayer and out slides the answer. I remembered times in my life when I have been more focused on my own agenda that on his will. But somehow this time was different. Our new home had come into our lives in such a miraculous way. With a failed job and a bankruptcy in our past, it seemed we had lost our chance to have a place of our own. I prayed, believing, sure of what I hoped for and certain of what I did not see. Two weeks before closing, Charles flew to Kentucky to visit his ailing parents. Charles told Robert about the condominium and my strange prayer.

A knowing smile spread across Robert's face. "I think I know the answer," he said. "Mom just released $10,000 to each of us form Dad's estate. I planned to tell you about it today." What had been hidden was now revealed—and the timing, God's timing, was perfect.