Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Don't Worry...Be Happy


This picture was taken a while ago outside our kitchen window. This reminded me of how God wraps his loving arms around us to protect us during the storms in life.
Under his wings I am safely abiding,Though the night deepens and tempests are wild, Still I can trust him; I know he will keep me, He has redeemed me, and I am his child.
Refrain
Under his wings, under his wings,Who from his love can sever? Under his wings my soul shall abide, Safely abide forever.

Under his wings, what a refuge in sorrow! How the heart yearningly turns to his rest! Often when earth has no balm for my healing, There I find comfort, and there I am blessed.
Refrain
Under his wings, oh, what precious enjoyment! There will I hide till life’s trials are o’er; Sheltered, protected, no evil can harm me, Resting in Jesus, I’m safe evermore
****************
Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink, or about your body, what you will wear. Isn’t there more to life than food and more to the body than clothing?
Matthew 6:28
Why do you worry about clothing? Think about how the flowers of the field grow; they do not work or spin.
Matthew 6:31
So then, don’t worry saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?’ Matthew 6:34
So then, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Today has enough trouble of its own.
He will shelter you with his wings; you will find safety under his wings. His faithfulness is like a shield or a protective wall. Psalm 91:6

No comments: