Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Playing the Waiting Game-Why do I doubt?

Have you ever waited for something that you've really, really wanted...a vacation...a new car...Christmas when you were younger? It just seemed like it would never get there. I remember counting the days till Christmas when I was younger and wondering when it would get here. Those last couple days seem like forever, didn't they? Anyway...that's the way I feel with my waiting for my referral for my SuAnna. On Monday, Nov 5th when referrals came out...it was just so hard to see that they hadn't gotten as far as I had hoped for. Still another 4 log-in days to get through December.
But I know that this is supposed to be...to many things have told me that already. So why do I doubt? Maybe because it's not in my control...I have no idea what each month will bring. The hardest thing is...we have no clue about this adoption. It could be next year...it could be two years. I came across a few verses today that seemed to fit this waiting game.
He who began will not quit....
"And I am sure that God, who began a good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on that day when Christ Jesus comes back again.
Philippians 1:6 NLT


Let this encourage God's holy people to endure persecution patiently and remain firm to the end, obeying his commands and trusting in Jesus.
Revelation 14:12 NLT

I have heard your prayers, says the Lord, and the answers will come according to My will and purposes. But, you are striving about the details, which will cause you to become anxious. You must rest in the movement and flow of My Spirit, for surely those things will come to pass in due season and in right order. Again, I say, rest. Rest in the assurance that I am with you and that I will help you along the way. I am bringing you along a path that you have not traveled before, and the enemy would love nothing better than to cause you to become disoriented. Resist the temptations that he brings to turn back, and keep pressing on. Truly, the journey is worth the trouble. Matthew 6:27 "Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?"

No comments: