Monday, April 21, 2008

East Meets West Conference/Baby Shower


This past weekend I attended the East Meets West Conference here in the Chicago Area. It started out with a dinner on Friday at Gino's East. We got there a little late and the room was full so we had to sit in the bar area where they had set up a few more tables. We enjoyed taking to a family that came home in Sept with their precious little girl which happened to be the 2nd referral...the first one they had to give back because of medical reasons. What a hard time that must have been. The pizza was good and we only stayed about an hour or so since it was so crowded and very noisy.
I did get to meet Snow Wu...President of Great Wall. Very pretty women. It was really a good time. The sessions started at 8:00am and lasted till 5:00. I'm really glad I did signed up. I brought a few things home also....a stuffed goat puppet and and table runner along with a CD of Asian Lullabys. This conf. did make it seem a little more real...They did have some positive things to say and that China would not be closing their adoption process. (There had even been some rumors of that.) They can't predict when the referral process will speed up...but we just have to believe it will happen and my little girl is waiting for me to come and get her. The sessions I attended are listed below in purple.
Yesterday, I attended a baby shower for one of the girls in our Fox Valley group that is heading to China in a few weeks to get her baby girl Autumn. There was 18 of us there plus a few of their girls. All really dressed totally adorable.

Here is the Itinerary:
Registration & Exhibits with Welcoming Remarks by Snow Wu. Also Dr. Ochs spoke. I will be e-mailing him to ask a lot of questions.
Session 1*





Session 2*





Session 3*





Session 4*





Session 5